Sunday, January 9, 2011

Don't BBM and drive

 While driving people are distracted and giving all their attention to the mobile phones by text messaging, talking and more commonly by using the blackberry messenger. That’s why my intervention project was against driving and using cell phones.
I intentionally named the campaign don’t BBM and drive because lately most of the people are using the blackberry service BBM when driving and causing lots of accidents because of the big distraction.
As Lebanese people the one and only way to make them stop repeating the same mistake is giving them fines.

That’s why I created a fine paper that looks like a real one (of course I changed some basic words and I added statistics about the increasing rate of car accidents happening because of the cell phones or else it will be considered a fraud) and placed them on the students cars parked near the university hoping that because of the shock they will read entirely the fine and realize that this is an awareness campaign and they will find themselves guilty and reduce the use of cell phones.
In the coming video we will see people’s reaction and how much the fines attracted people’s attention.


Everyone was surprised. A lot of people were looking and reading the fines even if it wasn’t their own cars. Some of them knew that it was an awareness campaign just by turning the fine and reading the statistics, others didn’t because they didn’t read it all. They thought that it was a real fine. And I knew from a friend that a group of people were going to the LAU administration telling them what is happening and why are they allowing the municipality to put fines on their cars while they are parking near the university. But my friend told them that all of this was just a project what it means that I really created a buzz exactly what I wanted to happen.
And of course because I felt that some of them believed the trick I was following them and telling them the truth and asking them to be careful and try to send their messages or talk to the phone before driving or when stopping their car. Everyone was excited telling me that I did a good job and that it was a very good idea “ you got me”. 





No comments:

Post a Comment